Tuesday, February 16, 2010

And here we go.....

My first BLOG~
I'll start with sharing the process of my work. The following represents a SIMPLE design, meaning all I had to do was bring in the lettering and a paw pattern. When I actually digitize a design it includes coming up with the artwork, assigning each part of it with a stitch format and establishing what is sewn when. Then a test, and any tweaking that is needed. For this design I've chosen a little key fob that I made over the weekend and will give you a short blurb of what the pictures are.

Photo one, is the design program I use to set up the stitching. Once everything is lined up and centered, I'll copy and paste it to complete two finished pieces, so as not to waste any of the fabric. I'll stitch it all out, and when finished, the two will be matched up, right sides together, and sewn on three sides. Then turned out and stitched closed at the bottom. A loop was inserted prior to the top being stitched to run through the key ring.


Setting up and placing within the large hoop available space.

The back of the fob has the paw design.


The final screen shot on the computer

The design as shown on the machine after being uploaded. This was 3 uploads due to the number of color changes I made. Changing the thread color from letter to letter creates a clean and tight finish.

A view of the start, the outline has been stitched out



The first side is finished.



Both fobs stitched out completely. Now it's removed from the hoop and the top layer of protection stabilizer is pulled.


The finished products.



And I made one (below) for my biggest sponsor ~I think you might know her...... the other? I don't have any plans for it, so if you want it.... email me. The suede is a mauve/lavender color, very pretty, and for the Mythicbells Persians, I used PURPLE and Bright Pink (much prettier in person than with the awful pictures I get from a Kodak camera~)

These are $5.00 each. And can be personalized with anything as long as it is small enough to fit the space. I think the finished piece was 1.75 X 5.5 or close. Feel Free to email me for questions.





This blog is not published for the public, it is only listed on my website. However, if you would like to share it, you may.

I'm planning on posting some of the beautiful pieces that my mom makes. We'll start with some St. Patty's day stuff, since it is coming up and then I'll post some of her precious stone offerings.

I hope you've enjoyed my first BLOG entry and that you will return as I become more confident in my postings.

Blessings~
JAFO

2 comments:

  1. WOW! JAFO! You are a BLOGGER! I didn't know that your mother sewed as well ~- Wonderful to see how this is done. It looks like rocket science to me :D ... Yes, PURPLE is the best color!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Thanks to Molly for posting a link.

    Tigersmom

    ReplyDelete